Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Whilst we have undertaken all reasonable steps to ensure that all information contained in our website is accurate and free from error, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of information on our website. All information is subject to change without notice. We do not guarantee that our website, or websites of those linked to our website, will function as intended, be uninterrupted, or will be free from viruses.
Within our website, there may be links to other websites which are owned and operated by entities that are independent of BuildSafe Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.
These website links are provided for your convenience only. We do not approve, sponsor or endorse these websites, nor information, services, text, graphics or data which is contained within their websites. We do not accept responsibility for any inaccuracy in information or representations made on those websites and we will not be liable for any loss that may be suffered as a result of using those websites.
We only provide general information on our website about our products and services. If you are considering purchasing a product or service, you should ensure that you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement fully. Our website also enables you to purchase and pay for insurance products and services and administer your insurance policy online.
Our website enables you to make certain transactions online, whether this relates to you purchasing a policy, administering your policy, making a renewal payment, or any other transaction. These transactions will not be complete until we have received and processed your confirmation.
Your confirmation means any communication issued or transmitted by you to us via our website or other electronic means, containing your acceptance in relation to our offer, or your confirmation of payment, whichever is applicable.
Your confirmation of any payment may not be received by us for reasons inclusive of mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of other providers or systems, which are outside of the control of either party. You acknowledge that we are not liable to you in any way for loss or damage at all and however caused, directly arising out of; or indirectly in connection with the transmission of; your confirmation to us.
Purchasing a Policy
Our website enables you to purchase insurance products online. To create a valid insurance policy with us via our website, there is a simple three-step process:
- We create a quote for the insurance product you are interested in and have selected. You can exit our website and save your quote information at any time. Your quotation will be stored within our database for a period of at least thirty (30) days. An e-mail will be sent to you providing a link back to our website, which allows you to return to your quote and complete all required information. For security purposes, yo u will be requested to re-enter your e-mail address.
- If you complete the relevant information, you will receive a quote, you are then asked to confirm the information you have provided related to the product you have chosen. Once you have confirmed all information as being complete, a summary of your quotation is displayed. Your quote will remain valid and accessible on the secure web page for a period of up to thirty (30) days from the date the quote process was started; and
- If you wish to purchase the insurance product in accordance with a quote provided to you by us via our website, then after you have completed the required details, you will be requested to answer further questions. Upon successful completion and acceptance by us of those questions, you may then accept that quote by pressing the “Buy” button on our website. To create a valid insurance policy with us, you will also be requested to enter a payment method and your nominated account details for premium deduction. You will then be provided with a corresponding BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and Product Disclosure Statement.
You may be contacted either by e-mail, text messaging, telephone or all three (3), depending upon the method of contact you selected, or the business reason for contacting you. Our consultants will assist in answering any questions you may have in relation to the quotation. They may also provide general product information only in relation to our product for which you have requested a quotation.
The insurance policy has been entered into by the process of:
- Our offer of insurance being made via our website electronically; and
- Your confirmation to us of your acceptance of that offer via our website
We are under no obligation to determine the authenticity or investigate whether authority has been provided for persons who have transmitted or issued electronic confirmations through our website. We may act on and process all completed confirmations transmitted or issued through our website without further consent from, or reference to, you.
When entering into an insurance policy with us via our website, your acceptance of our offer of insurance will have been taken to have been communicated when:
- Your confirmation containing your acceptance is received and processed by us;
- BuildSafe policy number is generated and issued to you;
- We receive all required details of a current and valid credit card or nominated bank account 3. number which you are authorised to use, and which is of a suitable type for us to charge premium to, or collect premium from, whichever is applicable.
By entering these details and using our website, you further agree that we are authorised to use the account or credit card details provided, for the purpose of collecting periodic payments depending on the payment method you have selected, and to continue to use these to effect renewal of your insurance, unless you instruct us not to do so.
Issuing a Policy
Your insurance contract is only valid, when we are able to:
- Successfully charge against your nominated credit card; or
- Direct debit from your nominated bank account;
- We receive payment of your applicable premium (either by a single payment or where permitted, in installments)
A BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS will be issued to you via email. You may request a copy via Australia Post (please contact our office on 1300 763 016 or email to email@example.com).
Any failure by you to receive a BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS via our website does not invalidate the existence of an insurance policy or transaction entered into using our website.
Please contact us immediately if you do not receive a BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS via our website following your transaction.
Our offer and your acceptance of that offer, together with your payment constitutes your insurance policy or contract with us.
Delivery of your Insurance Policy
A BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS will be issued to you via email. You supplied us with your email details. You may request a copy through Australia Post (please contact our office on 1300 763 016 or email request to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Extending your Construction Policy (Home Warranty or Home Indemnity is not extendable)
We will provide notification with supporting documentation at least fourteen (14) days prior to the expiry date of your policy. Your Policy may be extended, following a review process. Extending and owner Builder Policy is not automatic.
Your insurance policy will only be valid upon us being able to:
- Successfully charge against your nominated credit card or direct debit from your nominated bank account; and
- Receive full payment of all applicable premiums due for the Policy (or policies)
Our offer of extension and your acceptance of that offer, together with your extension payment constitutes your insurance policy or contract with us.
Cancelling Your Home Warranty / Home Indemnity Insurance Policy
Owner Builder Home Warranty Insurance and Owner Builder Home Indemnity Insurance (WA) are classed as non ‘cancellable’ polices and therefore no refunds are possible. If you require further clarification please contact email@example.com or your State Government Department responsible for Building , Planning or Consumer Affairs.
Cancelling Your Owner Builder Construction Insurance Policy
All retail products are subject to a 14 day ‘cooling off period’. This means that if you are not happy with the product, you have 14 days to withdraw from the insurance contract. We have a set of standard non refundable Broker Fees that we charge you for services such as:
- Market research on products available
- Assessing the claims paying ability of insurers
- Sourcing alternative quotations and coverage
- Risk analysis and portfolio co-ordination
We will not cancel your Insurance Policies from inception date, but at the earliest from receipt of your formal notification to us. To cancel you Policy, please post or email your request for cancellation, including the date of cancellation and Policy number. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org mail to Post Office Box 2294, Seaford VIC 3198.
Restrictions on Use
In using our website, you agree that you will not, either directly or via any third party:
- Use our website for any other purpose, other than as a legitimate customer or for Owner Builder insurance purpose;
- Take any action which may disrupt access to; cause damage; or interfere with; the proper operation of our website;
- Take any action that places an unusually large load on the infrastructure of; or bandwidth connecting to; our website;
- Take any action that includes the use of any data accumulation tool, robot or spider to compile disseminate, extract, process, monitor, or copy any web pages from our website’ inclusive of any information, data, graphics or content contained within our website, without our prior written consent;
- Take any action that involves decompiling, reverse engineering, reverse assembling, attempting to reveal source code or other processes or formulas, connected with our website software; or copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or display in public any part or content from our website, without our prior written consent.
Copyright on the information, text & graphics on our website is owned or licensed by BuildSafe Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.
No part of our website, inclusive of information, services, text & graphics and other data may be reproduced, stored, modified, adapted, uploaded to another location, and produced for display in public in any form without our prior specific written consent.
“BuildSafe” is a trademark of BuildSafe Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.
Our website does not claim to provide you with any personal financial or investment advice of any kind. Our website and the information it contains does not take into account your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. You should always seek independent advice before acting upon any of the information contained on our website or other website links contained in our website.
The law applicable to our website and to disputes arising out of our website is the law of the state of Victoria, Australia.